When a look starts to get popular, do you shy away from it? I hate to admit this, but I sure do!
For example, the feather headband. I had my first encounter with the feather headband this summer on etsy. I was searching for feathers: earrings, necklaces, whatever and I came across one from Charm School Design. I fell in love and immediately purchased one. A month later Nylon featured a feather headband. As months past, and I saw a few in Stillwater, Ok it kinda lost its luster. You can find them on any accessory website. Now when you search feathers on etsy its pages and pages beyond pages of feather headbands. Don't get me wrong, I still love my headbands but you can guess my excitement when my friend Cristi, from Felix and Jayne released some headbands of her own!
(I'd like to stop and mention that I ran errands and when I came home I put back on my pj pants! I They are much warmer. It's super cold out)
What I love about her work is that she uses all her fabric scraps from her bags! So this headband is pretty much recycle wear! So fun and unique. And I love that it has a single feather, gives it a delicate touch.
Here are two headbands available now in her shop.
She also has vintage button rings
and one of a kind clutches!!
This chick rocks! Visit her at felixandjayne.etsy.com
I'm trying to stay warm on this gloomy, cold, rainy Tuesday. What better to keep me warm than hot tea! In my college mug! I'M GRADUATING IN 4 DAYS!!!! AH! I'll be attending the ceremony. I wonder how long it will be since it will be smaller since it's in December. Hmmm.
Anyways, I've been tagged by the ever so awesome Renee from GreenerMe.
Here are the rules. And I'm going to break the rules #4&5. If you can't decide what to blog about than just do this!
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Ok, on to ME!
1. Since I'm graduating this Saturday the big follow up question is: What are you going to do now? Answer: Stelabird until I move to Tulsa in 4 months. What am I going to do in Tulsa? I don't know quite yet.
2. Now that I'm only doing Stelabird, I'm brainstorming on new products and how to improve Stelabird.
3. I can't wait to move out of Stillwater, Ok.
4. My new accessory obsession: Brooches. I'll blog about that later.
5. When I get excited, I tend to talk really loud where I'm almost yelling.
6. My new word: Yikes.
It's 28 degrees here in Oklahoma, so I'm staying indoors and making snugglies!
Stay warm everyone.