Wednesday, September 7, 2011

prepping

It's September, which means, beginning of craft show season!! 
I started doing shows in 2007 and last year was the first time that I didn't
do any. I took a year break from Stelabird to focus completely on our boutique.
I've missed it terribly. This summer I decided it was time to get back to Stelabird so I applied for one show. I'll be doing a craft show (that was my first ever in 2007!) in Tulsa called Indie Emporium at the end of this month.
I only took a year off but it feels like I'm completely starting over.
When you take a break, the world doesn't take a break with you.
I almost feel like this is my first show again. So, these past few days
I've started prepping for the show and making owl plushies and felt birds.
I need to start brainstorming my displays, because we know how 
important those are! I'll share some craft show tips with you next week.
I hope you're having the best Wednesday. Time to get sewing.

9 comments:

  1. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR PRETTY FACE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! My last show was in December and it definitely feels brand new.. I've had to make new displays and am redoing everything! But, that rush to get ready for the show is so exciting! I have a show that weekend in OKC that I'm working towards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps i love love that fabric on that owl! with the diamonds and triangles and such!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's making me all sentimental seeing your original felt birds. I am SO excited that you'll be doing Indie this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that gold bird! Do a gold and grey one! A gold and grey CHEVRON one! I would die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a craft show but I look forward to it in the future :) Your owls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cute birds. I'll bet the owls will sell well. Good luck and I have to say that it would be nice if the world could take breaks when you do but it doesn't. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The felt birds are lovely! I can't wait to see your beautiful face on the wedding!

    dita

    ReplyDelete