This weekend we were in Dallas, Texas and went to Medieval Times for my sister's 30th birthday. For those who don't know what Medieval Times is; it's a dinner theater that features staged medieval-style games, as well as horsemanship and falconry. Wanna know a little fact about me? My family goes to Medieval Times almost every year. My first time to go was in 1993! That was 19 years ago!! I died when I calculated that. I also died when I found this photo of me in 1993!
I was 8 years old in this photo!
The most memorable Medieval Times visit was last year, when I went with my mom and sister. The falcon that flies around landed on my food and spilled my drink on me!! The falcon sat there (which felt like forever) until an employee came and poked him to fly away. It was a mixture of awesome, scary and embarrassing.
Awesome, because I got to see this amazing falcon so close! Scary because I thought it might be moody and want to claw my face. And embarrassing because the falcon sat on my plate for several minutes, I was frozen in my seat laughing my nervous laugh and I felt like everyone was looking at me!
I noticed this year they had the falcon fly around before they served us our food, so maybe it happened enough times.
Alright, now it's time to share some photos after that intro!
1. Husband and I are super pumped in our green crowns! In all the years we've gone I've never been the green knight!
2. This is how I take a picture with the king.
3. Loving our little cups of strawberry daiquiris!
4. My beautiful sister celebrating her 30th!
5. My mom, my sister's step daughter, my sis & I before we took our seats.
6. My sister's reaction to getting this paper letting her know they will announce her name during the dinner.
7. This is from Riley's instagram. I loved his caption: Shit just got real.
8. Some medieval-style game action.
9. Our green Knight won his battle!!
10. And then he died shortly after. You can see him napping on the floor there.
11. I think our king was drunk.
12. And a nice backwards Texas waffle for breakfast before we head home to Oklahoma.
In attendance for my sister's birthday dinner was her husband & step kids, my mom, Riley and I. I love group photos that they only take one shot and you can't check it. It's always priceless.
If you ever get a chance to go to Medieval Times you totally should! It's such a fun time!