Monday, January 14, 2008

Meet Mr. Squirrel




I still make birds but I had to let Mr. Squirrel into the Stelabird family because squirrels have recently become a part of my life.

These past couple of months some squirrels decided to move in above me (the attic). They would wake up early and brew their coffee and run around their house getting ready for the day. They were early risers and this caused them to wake me up everyday. At first I thought they were in my kitchen cabinets because of how close they sounded. And one day I thought one was trying to break in and rescue my birds because it sounded like one was chewing at the ceiling in my kitchen closet. This caused great anxiety and a call to maintenance. Let me tell you, I'm scared of everything. No lie. I'm trying to get better. Anyways, I began drawing squirrels since I thought about and heard them all the time. I smiled and laughed looking at them that I knew I had to share them with you guys! They all have a worried, nervous face because squirrels seem nervous all the time. Like me when I come across my fears.

The squirrels have gotten better! Some days I hear them, other days I don't. I think they decided to give me a break since I began drawing them and turning them into prints. They got what they wanted. I enjoy drawing them because they never fail to make me smile. I hope they have the same effect on you.

Mr. Squirrel is pleased to meet you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment