Saturday, July 16, 2011

netflix picks


Most of my favorite movies are independent romantic films. I'm a sucker for quirky love stories! They instantly put me in a better mood.
That being said I'm going to recommend some of my favorites! I have several, so we'll start with 5 today. I hope you get a chance to watch them one weekend, they will make your heart happy ♥


1. HappyThankYouMorePlease. The other day Netflix recommended a new one to me; HappyThankYouMorePlease. Along with the description it said the movie was: quirky, romantic, witty. I thought, Okay netflix, you haven't let me down yet and this movie cover is pretty cutes. Put it in my queue.
So I received it in the mail last week and watched it. First off, I didn't pay attention to who was in it, let alone who wrote and directed it. So I was pleasantly surprised when it was Ted from How I Met Your Mother (favorite show)!! And....I absolutely loved the movie!! I was rooting for all the couples, they melted my heart. Definitely a new fav of mine now.


2. TiMER is another netflix recommendation I was completely surprised with. In this movie they have these biotechnological implants in their wrist that counts down to the moment one is supposed to meet his or her match. Imagine knowing the moment you meet your soulmate! I remember watching this debating what I would do. Get a timer or not? I would like to know when I met my ideal match. But what if you met someone you really liked and they weren't it? That's what happens to our leading lady. (It's currently on instant netflix!)


3. Me and You and Everyone We Know. I love love love Miranda July. I adore this movie because it's quirky, lovely and...miranda july! It shows how people struggle to connect with one another in the modern world. I also cannot wait to see her new movie The Future.


4. Elvis & Anabelle. Whenever netflix recommended this I thought, yikes this looks/sounds cheesy! It's about a beauty queen who dies on the catwalk and is taken to a funeral home where a single kiss from the hot unlicensed undertaker brings her back to life. But I thought, Netflix, you know me! I will trust in you. So I watched some E&A and of course, loved it. It was sweet and I don't remember thinking it was cheesy while watching it.


5. Amelie. Oh Amelie. My go to. Anytime I need a pick me up I turn to this film. The colors make me so happy. and I'll even listen to the soundtrack while I work around the house.
At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts.
Tell 'em Amelie!

Enjoy your weekend my friends.
Happy watching!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations! I watched Timer and loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad you loved it! It's one of my favs

    ReplyDelete