It's December and it's time to start decorating our homes with Christmas trees and pretty things! For today's Make It I'm showing you how to make a felt owl ornament. This owl ornament is easy and doesn't take long to make so let's get started!
You will need:
felt (I chose brown for the owl and orange for the beak)
needle & thread
owl cut out
Create an owl pattern. Mine is 2.75 X 2.75
I folded my cardstock in half to have my pattern even on both sides.
1. Cut out 2 pieces of felt from your pattern for your owl.
2. Time to get your fabric! I chose a holiday plaid. Cut a rectangle with
a rounded top.
3. Place your fabric on your felt where the rounded top is at the center.
Turn over and cut off the excess.
4. Hand stitch your fabric to your felt using coordinating thread.
Time to stitch on the eyes! Grab 2 buttons and some thread!
5. Stitch on your buttons!
6. Cut out and stitch on a little triangle to be the beak and place between the two buttons.
7. Get your black thread amd stitch a line across the beak to create a mouth.
8. Now that the front of your owl is complete let's put on the ribbon!
Place the top of your owl on top and pin it up top to keep the ribbon in place while you stitch your ornament.
9. Time to stitch up your ornament! I just did a regular hand stitch but
you could also do a blanket stitch. Start after the right side of your fabric and stitch all the way to the other side of the fabric leaving an opening so you can add stuffing.
10. Add the stuffing to your ornament.
11. After your ornament is stuffed, sew it up! We're done!
Now all you have left to do is hang it up on your tree!
I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.
I've included a little holiday playlist of songs that I love to listen to
while I create, decorate and wrap presents!